When it comes time to pick a mortgage company when you are buying a home or refinancing, it helps to know some important questions to ask during your consultation. This is a chance for you to learn more about buying a home in general, but also to ask questions about the mortgage company itself. Below are some examples of those types of questions.
Choosing a Mortgage
- What mortgage products do you offer? The first step is to make sure that the mortgage company offers the kinds of home loans that might be suitable to you. If you are not sure what types of mortgages would be appropriate for your scenario, that is something else you can ask at this stage. As a simple example, if you are self-employed, it would do you no good to try to work with a mortgage company that requires you to submit a W-2. You would need to find out if the company offers self-employed borrower loans.
- What is the mortgage process like? Ask what the mortgage process steps are, and what you will need to do during each. Find out what the timeline will look like. How soon can you expect to close on average?
- Do you have experience with my specific scenario? Just as you need to choose a mortgage company that offers the type of loan that is ideal for you, you also should try to work with one that has handled situations like yours before. This is especially important if there are obstacles you need help navigating around or complexities that the average lender would not be familiar with.
- How do you communicate with homebuyers? If you want to avoid delays as you are applying for a mortgage, constant, reliable communication between you and the mortgage company is necessary. To ensure that communication is convenient for you, you also need it to suit your habits. If you always use phone, for instance, a mortgage company that always sends emails would not be meeting your needs.
- Do you service loans? A lot of mortgage companies do not actually service home loans. But MMS Mortgage Services does. That means that you can work with us over the lifetime of your mortgage instead of dealing with another company.
Buy a Home or Refinance Now
To ask your questions about MMS Mortgage Services, please contact us at (248) 788-0800 to set up your mortgage consultation. We would be happy to answer the questions above and any others you have in detail. We can help you buy a home or refinance in Michigan or 15 others states.
Do you know how much home you can afford?
Most people don’t... Find out in 10 minutes.Get Pre-Approved Today